Sunday, May 25, 2014

Your Pacing (Poem)

This piece was actually written roughly three years ago in my high school's art room. I remembered it and found myself writing a poem to accompany the idea of the original, but I realized that the original had not been shared. So I typed it up and then figured that I might as well rewrite it. The original was titled "The Black Door"/"The Dark Door", but I chose to change it to "Your Pacing" to accommodate the changes. The second poem will be posted at a later date and goes by the name of "The Question at the Door". Well that will be enough. Enjoy, take care, and until next time!

-------------------

My door opens,
And you're the first to go by.
You're the second,
And the third.
Or maybe you're not.
Maybe I can't see anyone else.

You always peer in,
But just keep walking.
I wonder if you can see
My hands as they tremble,
Pen in hand,
Trying to make sense of us.

I want you here with me,
But something holds you back,
And the fire in my heart hates it,
Burning with insatiable love.
Can't you come in?
My world is open to you.

But I know:
Things won't change,
Unless you and I challenge it,
And enter the darkness.
We won't recognize each other,
Only our matching flames.

The world is a storm,
Blowing and raining on us,
Almost trying to put us out,
Which is why we have to burn!
If we falter,
Then we may vanish completely.

So won't you come in,
Out of the storm,
If only for a moment?
Let our prides fade away,
We are all one,
Separate but united.

But still you pace,
Back and forth,
Undecided...
And fearful.
The door stays open for you,
And I'll be right here for you.

-Zero

No comments:

Post a Comment