Monday, May 15, 2017

Perfect again (poem)

Give me another chance,
I know I breathe disaster,
I got our ending wrong,
but I can make it perfect again.

Our relationship was made of porcelain,
so I'll be gentle with my pen
as I rewrite this masterpiece,
and erase the daisy-filled cracks.

I'll give us our own ever after,
thought we'd have it by now,
but nevermind our nuclear fallout,
I'll make this perfect again.

Consider this atonement,
for time will erase us
and all who know the truth,
leaving only our words behind.

Because to make this disaster perfect again,
we have to erase our reality.

-Zero

2 comments:

  1. The ending makes the poem worriesome. Mind you, in spite of this, The verve is cool. Should go to the festival where there is an openmike for talents like yours even in English: http://www.festicourt.org/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am afraid that I am presently occupied during the course of the festival in another city, so I cannot attend. I wish it all the best.

      Delete