Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The Journey Of April (Update)

     As many of you already know, in April I undertook in a writing challenge known as Camp NaNoWriMo, in which I wrote 100,000 words of several novels of mine, completing two, continuing a third, and rewriting the fourth. The two that were completed were "A Plead to Iris", a story told by an old poet retelling the romance of his past, and "Kuna Zero: A Wanderer's Tale", the prelude to "The Beginning of the End". The novel that found itself continued (although not for much longer than a couple days of regular NaNoWriMo) was "The Daughter of Athena", which tells the story of Olympia, the daughter of Athena, as she deals with the false ideas of love and beauty as placed in the society by the jealous Aphrodite. The rewrite was "Love: A Chaotic Insanity", which is my first NaNo-novel and has been in the editing process for some time now. I managed to win, despite the overwhelming pressure I felt just prior to beginning the challenge, and despite the multitude of other things I was required to write (exams, further edits for class, papers often exceeding seven or eight pages, and so on), as well as the departure from my room in residence.
       Over the course of April, a world seemed to change within me. My main series ("The Autobiographies of a Fictional Character" as I like to call it) found itself completed in a first draft form, as well as partially rewritten and reworked throughout the month. On top of that I finished "A Plead to Iris", which had not been such a main project of mine, but I had taken some time outside of NaNoWriMo to continue it, and it is something incredible to have it done. Lastly, with the change of residence, I bid goodbye to a great deal of friends, some of which I will never see again, and most of which I will likely never spend quite as much time with in the future. It was yet another end, and I could see yet another beginning on the horizon. We shall see.
     Anyways, I believe I ought to get to work. For the past week, I have been recovering from the intense month that April turned out to be, with all things considered. But I grow restless with no work being done, and so I feel the need to pursue more meaningful work. The world is filled with work that is far from meaningful, as many have observed so far. But I am rambling. Until next time,

-Zero

No comments:

Post a Comment