Sunday, January 5, 2014

A Year Ago, Frozen (Poem)

It's been a year,
Since last you held me,
My loving heater,
Keeping me warm through winter.

In my dreams you
Laughed,
Giggled,
Cried.

And when I couldn't sleep,
You guided me through the night,
With steps so elegantly unreal,
To your frozen home.

Now the cold rules,
Mutual departure:
Night for one,
Day for another.

I hope you like it there,
In the land down below.
I like my Mesopotamia,
Up in the frozen mountains.

Now when I can't sleep,
I lay still,
And practice patience,
Waiting to explore another day.

There are times I see you,
In passersby,
Those familiar strangers,
And in beauty itself.

I miss you,
From how I only thought of you,
To our silent bus rides,
And the time spent walking together.

If you were real,
All of this might be touching.
I guess you're with me now,
In the womb of my mind.

The muse who whispered me your name
Has left though,
And I bid her farewell,
As I should have you.

-Zero

No comments:

Post a Comment