Friday, January 17, 2014

A Boring Fellow (poem)

You tell me
I am boring.
I agree.
How could I not?

All that sets my life on fire,
Is that which I hide.
When my mind races with ideas,
Some seeming more vivid and alive than myself,
My lips grow silent in suppression.

How could I articulate them,
When I am overcome by fiction,
Which inspires careful quiet?
Want to hear a story?
I have one here for you.

But my tongue is tied,
So listen to my muffled screams.
Hear your name in them,
And grow fearful of what I have done.
Hear the tales I've spun about us.

Hear this story of mine,
The illustration of my inability to love.
Hear how I lose all,
To the ideal made in childhood.
Stories I've already begun telling.

You tell me
I am boring.
Perhaps it is best,
To never speak.

-Zero

No comments:

Post a Comment