Thursday, December 6, 2012

My Strangers (Poem)

Illusions of friends;
Friends of nothing.
It is all for naught;
They amount to nill.

What may rescue me?

The random faces,
Unknown and silent.
So anonymous,
Yet familiar.

What may rescue me?

Strangers on the bus.
Strangers having tea.
Strangers reading books.
Strangers thinking deep.

What may rescue me?

Button-nosed strangers,
Old and wise strangers,
Middle-aged strangers,
Very young strangers.

What may rescue me?

Relationships true.
No one to deceive.
Nothing to make up.
No reason to lie.

They may rescue me.

Not an illusion
Of friendship conjured.
They remain distant,
No illusions made.

They may rescue me.

No need for contact,
For that would ruin it.
Keep our distance strong,
Companionship same.

They will rescue me.

In them I find peace,
Truth and loyalty.
They have no duty,
Only to themselves.

They have rescued me.

-Zero

No comments:

Post a Comment