Sunday, February 2, 2014

My First February (poem)

It is temporary,
The way you speak to me.
Our last kiss,
Might it be the last?
The uncertain structure
Of this poem, our relationship.

You've loved my words,
But you left it there,
To rot in sickly beer,
Alcohol to drown my sorrows.
Remember our first party,
Where I showed control, maturity,
Happiness, no wish to die by poison,
To take care of those without.

I believe I loved you,
You, my flame-haired
Girl
Let us meet!
Oh,
I can't make it!

I've hated your words,
And should have left it there,
To sink deeper into contradiction.

When we met,
It was magic,
Like sparkling fairy dust,
Like a dream come to light,
The uncanny click.

Conjure the beast,
Le loup-garou,
The hidden war,
The tormenting threat on your life.
Not even a good story.

Br-
No, I can't speak your name.
If I do,
Then I trap myself,
Stop this from extending beyond you.

Past love,
Of cold winter nights,
Lost wallets,
And hard-headed determination,
Although we may never speak again,
Let
Your
Soul
Run
Wild.

-Zero

No comments:

Post a Comment