Friday, July 26, 2013

You and I (Poem)


Bound by suffering,
When hearts reach out,
Ours find each other,
As if to amplify it.

The escape once sought
Now looms over us.
What we wanted
Will be our undoing.

You and I
Are not so alien.
The bond we share,
Not so easily broken.

I promise you
Nothing but difficulty.
Our relationship
Is a dreadful burden.

But I know
One day it will lighten.
Maybe that day,
We will share it again.


--------------------------------------
    It is rare that so much inspiration will find me in a short period. Perhaps I have mentioned that I am doing Camp NaNoWriMo this month, just as I did in April of this year. It seems that I am commonly drawn to simply work on the novel at hand during the various NaNoWriMo's that I have done. And yet, I have written so many poems and some short stories over the past couple weeks. It is astounding! But I cannot simply say that this inspiration has been the result of nothing at all.

     I have been drawn to write more because I have been experiencing emotions. Often I feel that I am in a state of neutrality. Happiness comes and goes, as well as the other emotions that one may feel in a day. But their temporal nature does not come to inspire my pen. It is a prolonged emotion that truly captures me. Love comes to mind, although I am well aware that it is the emotions that it sprouts forth that I truly enjoy. 

     There is something beautiful in the struggle against the inevitable. Whether it is the battle against death, or a race against time, it is the impossible that is sought to be conquered, if only for a moment. Every moment has an incredible significance, if only one bothers to notice. I, for example, have forgotten many times the first time that I had gazed upon someone who would later occupy my mind as a noisy tenant. With that lost to the abyss of the past, I am left to remember the few moments I may share with them. Alas, I have gone on long enough. Take care, dear reader.

     Until next time,

-Zero

No comments:

Post a Comment