Monday, July 15, 2013

A Portrait For You (poem)

Allow me,
A simple artist,
To paint you a portrait,
My friend.

No, I insist!
Consider this farewell,
A parting gift,
And one day,
A candle in the dark.

My friend,
sit, sit!
This will not take long,
Although the content
Is overwhelming.

Pose?
Do not be silly!
I am not painting you!
What?
You thought I was?

No, I am painting
A portrait for you.
It will be of
Your loved ones.
No need to retrieve them,
I see them clearly.

Where, you ask?
Why,
In your eyes
They reside.
Sit and wait,
I only need a moment.

It is finished!
And I do think
It captures them nicely.

All you see is stars?
Is that not what they are?
Do they not guide you
Through the darkest night?

Ah, so now you see,
That love is light,
And stars bright.
Keep it,
But do not forget it.
The night ahead
Is a path of rocks.
You will have nothing,
But the stars in your heart.

My friend,
Take care,
And remember,
No star shines
As bright as you.

-Zero

No comments:

Post a Comment