Monday, July 22, 2013

These Dreary Afternoons (Poem)

These dreary afternoons
Are my favorite.
The sun has left me,
And no one is around.
I am alone,
And pleasantly so.
My mind goes
Where it please,
On days like these
There is no pressure
To think of only one.
These are my times,
My moments of liberty
From social expectations.

These dreary afternoons
Allow me to be.
It is a gentle bliss,
Not of ignorance,
But distance,
And perseverance.
My pen screams
With unbridled joy,
As it comes to the paper
With honest abandon.
No need to deceive,
Or create a facade,
When none are near.
Emotions become real,
And expressed vividly.
Perhaps only
To go into hiding,
To disappear.

These dreary afternoons
Bear many secrets.
The hurt of years past
Becomes real,
The bleeding,
Unstoppable.
The love of here and now,
Hidden out of fear,
Comes to sing.
Its lullaby
Drifts my into
Sincere happiness.

These dreary afternoons
Cannot realize my wishes.
They are restrained,
Slaves,
Vastly outnumbered.
They are powerless.
That is,
So long as I
Do not bring my wishes
Into everyday.
So long as my
Cowardice rules.

These dreary afternoons
Will feed my courage,
Until the time comes
To retake my life.

-Zero

No comments:

Post a Comment