Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Six Sentences of Kuna Zero: A Wanderer's Tale

     “Three, Two, One, Zero.” I began reading it aloud. “You are the last of the four and you are the only one who is worthless. It would be rude of me not to offer to change that. Of course, such help would come with a price, but I am sure that you will find the conditions quite to your liking. First, you must join me."

     Above is a quote from my novel in progress, "Kuna Zero: A Wanderer's Tale". I figured that I ought to post more, so I thought I would take a page from Shira Windschitl's book. Well, actually, it would be more accurate to say that I took a post from her blog. There is a link to it below. She is a writer like me; however, it appears that she writes much faster than I do. I currently have thirty-three thousand words. She reached that a while ago. She is a mother as well, so she must write while taking care of her children. I found her solution quite interesting actually. She merely spends fifteen minutes every hour writing. She sits there and writes like a madwoman. From what I've read, she can get six hundred words down in those fifteen minutes. Considering that she most likely does this more than three times a day, it is no wonder why she writes so quickly. Anyways, back to the quote. 

     As I mentioned, the quote comes from my novel in progress, "Kuna Zero: A Wanderer's Tale". For those of you who may wonder why my name is in the title, the answer is simple. Kuna Zero is not my real name. It is actually my pen name. However, Kuna Zero is also the main character's name in "The Beginning of the End" and in "Kuna Zero: A Wanderer's Tale". The two novels form a pair, a sort of series. They tell the story of Kuna Zero at different parts of his life. The first, "The Beginning of the End" takes place around the year two thousand thirty-two in a post-apocalyptic world. In this novel, Kuna Zero is about thirty seven. The second, "Kuna Zero: A Wanderer's Tale", however, tells of the events that lead up to "The Beginning of the End". It is set in three years: two thousand ten, two thousand eleven, and two thousand twelve. Kuna starts off at fifteen in the novel and by the end of it, he is seventeen. "Kuna Zero: A Wanderer's Tale" is actually Kuna Zero retelling his story after "The Beginning of the End", while "The Beginning of the End" is told as it is happening. Anyways, I truly do believe that I have gone on for quite long enough, so I will leave it at that. Thank you for your truly constant reading. Until next time,

-Zero



     It seems I forgot Shira Wildschitl's blog link. I apologize. The link follows.
            http://shirawindschitl.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment