Tuesday, June 5, 2012

My Own Procrastination

     I have been keeping myself quite busy so far this summer break; however, it seems that my writing is still procrastinated. But this procrastination is not all that bad, if you ask me. I do not tend to write anything at all on the weekends, so I nearly fell behind the daily word count for CampNaNoWriMo on the third. Of course, I wouldn't let that happen, so two hours before midnight I sat down and typed away. I was writing till about four in the morning, I believe. I met the daily word count for the third just in time and am now at eleven thousand words because I procrastinated my writing so much. Actually, I intended on writing more today, but I do not quite feel like writing away. I am already a decent pace ahead of the daily count and I do not want to fly through my novel too quickly. A month is a lot of time for me to explore the novel, instead of spending five to ten days running through the novel at top speed. Therefore, I am taking a break from working on my novel for the night. Tomorrow, after I wake up, I will meet the daily count of about one thousand and two thirds. I may surpass it, if my novel wishes. If it does not, then I will not write much further.

    Anyways, I intended on filling you, my readers, in on what has been going on in my world in terms of writing. I have partially done that already; however, there is something else I wish to address. It is in respects to the epic or sonnet collection that  I was writing. At this current point in time, I have eighteen sonnet form poems written, without rhyme structure. I do not feel as if rhyming is appropriate for this project of mine. I now have three deities described and some locations described briefly as well. Moreover, I have introduced the birth of said deities, which is tied in with a group of beings that I call the Imperfects. In terms of writing, that is all that has really changed since my last post. Actually, I do recall passing sixty thousand words for "The Beginning of the End." That is all, thank you. I may post a creative piece soon; however, I would recommend not expecting it anyways. It is better to be safe than sorry, as they say.

    And with this, I take my leave.

     -Zero

No comments:

Post a Comment