Sunday, June 16, 2024

A Reason for Silence (poem)

I am here to declare that I am not dead,
though the ink seems to have dried into a stain
and my paper bones crumble like fallen leaves,
my heart yet beats beneath it all.
Life stretches ever onward, pulling me with it,
even when I cannot find words to say
to describe the mountains and valleys I'm dragged through,
the passing stars of the night and voracity of the day.  

There is more beauty than words can trap
and far more than ever should be caught in a phrase.
So know that in my silence I remain,
journeying in search of ink worthy to be spoken.

I have not abandoned myself (this pen)
and fled the busy city, leaving my voice behind
this place carries so many worthwhile voices,
sometimes it is enough to simply listen.

-Zero

No comments:

Post a Comment