Monday, March 28, 2022

by storm's wake (poem)

I stumbled across an old soul
taking shelter under a thin tin roof,
his tired eyes had seen countless lives,
and desperate for what they could offer me
I asked:

how do I know I'm on the right path?
It feels like I'm blind and stumbling
nothing more than a feather on the winds of fate–
how do I learn how to fly?

He eyed me suspiciously.
What did he see under my facade?
Has he heard this question too many times?

“A feather cannot hope to fly on its own
nor does it have eyes to guide its way,”

But–

“Foresight comes in retrospect
but where you've been does not show where you'll go
always we walk into the unknown
unsure if our feet will find ground
but walk we must, one step at a time
with naught but hope to guide us.

-Zero

No comments:

Post a Comment