Saturday, July 28, 2018

Crazy Love (poem)

Describe your love to me.
Does it eat you up inside?
Does it make you crazy?

For your sake,
I hope not.
We praise crazy love
like it opens the way to happiness,
like careless madness can end well.
It seems we all know it,
a love so entirely insane
that we're driven to believe in it.

But do we want to live in madness forever,
or would we rather a calmer love?
And what are we willing to give up for it?
How many lost friends is too many?
How many broken promises is too many?

I hope you have your answers by now.
I have mine.
I'd rather a reliable love,
one that flows like the river,
a calm unending force.
My mad love is long gone,
a story I've decided to end.

I wish you all the best,
and hope you don't learn to regret it.

-Zero

No comments:

Post a Comment