Monday, April 23, 2018

Those who walked away (poem)

Maybe it's all really about choice.
Maybe that's why their faces are blurred to you.
You made the choice to walk away.
I was forcefully pushed away.

I'm too dependent on time to kill interest,
too attached to the past to look away.
You never look back.
I never stop.

I'm walking through this valley,
occasionally covered in shadow and fog,
and I stumble and trip
because my head is turned to look back.

What could I possibly find there,
except for the shadows I'm casting?
What ever is back there is already lost,
and I'm losing what's up ahead.

I think I've been wrong all along.
I've been choosing to look back
when I should look away and look ahead,
from the people who walked away from me,
and learn to focus on the future - 
on the people who choose to stay.

-Zero

No comments:

Post a Comment