Thursday, March 22, 2018

The cracks on my soul (poem)

I said you were a tempest of flame,
that daisies grew through your cracks:
Proclamations of your strength,
of the inherent power to succeed,
an undeniable worth to your being.

Yet I hide those words from myself,
let doubts and fears fill me,
feeling like a candle facing a hurricane,
ready to be extinguished,
wishing I could be a tempest of flame.

I see the cracks on my soul,
the scars and failures of my past,
and see a barren broken surface,
where nothing could grow out of,
my soul broken and made of stone.

Stop and listen to the cackle of the flames,
and hear the voice calling out to me
in the moments before they engulf me,
stretching across my body turning stone to soil,
planting seeds in a tempest of flame.

-Zero

2 comments:

  1. «love thy neighbor as yourself» Mt. 22, 39. Sounds easy, right? Wish me good luck, and more. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunflowers! With fireflies.

    Twisted to understand, but good to read.

    There is a vast world to explore. So many possibilities, when you feel free for it.

    Please, don't forget to soothe your words (they may dry out of their powerful essence). You do not need to play with fire anymore. It is a question of balance.

    Serve. Protect. Prevent. Contain.

    All those words serve one purpose. There are no words for it.

    ReplyDelete