Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Branded (poem)

Any day I think I'm going to break now,
too many hours spent playing repairman
in this large sandcastle kingdom,
wishing the tide would wash it all away.

I think I'm losing my mind now,
a burning in my heart tears me apart,
makes me want to smash those screens
in an attempt to break free.

I'm having trouble finding a way out,
it's either it all goes up in flames
or I burn out and fall to ash,
and either way I lose.

Convince myself of one more night,
hoping that I can survive it,
only to leave closer to breaking
and I'm scared to get any closer.

Any day I think I'm going to break now,
and I don't know what to do...

-Zero

1 comment:

  1. When was the last time you stopped to really savor a work victory or life accomplishment? There is only one way to move on: forward.

    ReplyDelete