Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Never stop haunting me (poem)

No, they're not nightmares,
these dreams I have of you.
They're my only chance to see you,
to pretend you're still around.

So if you're a ghost haunting my dreams,
please never stop.
There's no bringing back the dead,
but I'll take your spirit over nothing.

This way we never say goodbye,
always meeting halfway between life and death.
This way I don't lose all I have of you
after your life was drained away.

So meet me halfway,
haunt me like I'm an old house
that you spent your life in
and was never able to let go.

Wander through the hallways of my mind
with such frequency
the other inhabitants grow accustomed
to seeing a ghost among them.

Haunt me until I crumble
and I burn to ash like you,
because then we'll meet again
in a place beyond dreams.

-Zero

No comments:

Post a Comment