Saturday, January 3, 2015

His Unwavering Voice (poem)

You are not alone.”
His voice is a song
Trapped in my heart and mind,
Infinitely repeating.

Sometimes it's hard to believe
When I'm lost in the desert,
Not a living thing for miles,
But still he sings.

Even worse is the plague.
It sweeps past me,
Leaving my body intact,
But murdering my loved ones.

Demons with smiling faces creep up,
Offer me a life of truth,
If only I give in,
Roar with sorrow and fury.

But still he sings, unwavering,
You're stronger than this.
Trust in me when you doubt.
Lean on me when you're weak.”

I ignore him,
Then go to claim he forsook me,
Raging with demonic blindness,
Pretending he no longer sings.

Things get worse,
The smiling demons laughing:
This is a life of truth,” they say,
A life of absolute solitude!”

You are not alone.”
He appears before me,
His skin and hair black,
But his eyes infinite fires.

Trust in yourself,
And trust in me.
Lean on me,
Together, we overcome all.

When the ground crumbles beneath you,
And threatens to swallow you whole,
Look to the sky and remember
You've always known how to fly.”

This time, I listen.
His words fill the void with radiance.
The fear runs scared.
The demons of doubt disappear.

The desert turns to a forest,
And the light welcomes me home.
The plague turns to bounty,
Does not restore, but makes anew.

When troubles brew,
I face them with renewed strength.
I had been broken,
But now I emerge triumphant.

It was the storm before the calm,
And I was consumed by doubt,
But I have found my way home,
And by no means will I abandon it again.


-Zero

No comments:

Post a Comment