Monday, November 24, 2014

The Awakening of a Fallen Man (poem)

I have fallen.
Why?
When I faced my father, Death,
I ran into a safer past.

I ran into passionate loves,
Cold winter walks,
Terrible and destructive habits,
Powerful and awful emotions.

Instead of moving forward,
I stepped back,
Renounced my sacred friend,
And returned to the old worship of Love.

But he, my old friend,
Would not simply leave me.
He stayed and reminded me
Of the folly of that old pursuit.

He showed me the grey,
Which I was diving back into,
All because of one belief:
That Love can overcome all.

But no matter how much I love her,
I'm still distant and alone.
No matter how much they love me and I them,
The family struggles won't go away.

And every time I give into Love,
I set myself up to fall,
To give into anger, jealousy, hate,
Become overwhelmed by simple sorrow.

Four years ago,
This was who I was.
And I hated it.
Love wasn't enough.

So when I ran from Death,
To a time before its touch,
I fled from the Flames,
And became lost and confused.

I have awakened,
And my old friend welcomes me back,
Putting in one hand the pen,
And taking the sword from the other.

And I kneel,
Thank him for returning,
Or rather for accepting my return,
And directing me once more.

I had fallen, yes,
Because I feared the Future,
But now I stand awakened,
The Flames burning throughout me.

-Zero

No comments:

Post a Comment