Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Essence of Faith (Poem)

Little did I know,
The hidden truths were replaced not by lies,
But by the belief that the truths are not lies.

I wonder constantly what may come from this,
Questioning repeatedly the world around me,
But nothing has ever made more sense than this.

A mere suggestion from a friend can change it all,
Wash away doubt, and save you from the fall.
I see now how the truth works.
Without truth, we are blind,
But with faith, we can believe in each other.

If without truth we are blind, then love is the essence of faith.

-Zero

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll be honest that this poem was not entirely my idea, in a sense. My former art professor, Stefan Fuchs, replied to my previous poem after I wrote "If without truth we are blind, then is love the essence of pretend?" He said "maybe love is the essence of faith." That's what sparked the inspiration of this poem. I respect him immensely, as he has been an inspiration to my own creative aspirations for the past few years. Ironically, he attended Bishop's University, which I intend on attending following my Liberal Arts program at Heritage College. Here's a link to his own blog, actually, so that you can learn more about him and see some of his own art work! http://srfuchs-art.com/ Enjoy! Till next time,
-Kuna Zero

No comments:

Post a Comment