Sunday, June 11, 2023

should I feel more? (poem)

Butterflies swallowed by molten lava
desire boiling up at every touch
even after all these years spent together,
is that how I'm supposed to feel?

Instead desire simmers somewhere out of sight
butterflies lay dead on the ground like fallen leaves,
crumbling as I wander through in fearful pacing:
I don't know what I should feel
has age dimmed and tamed my once-wild emotions
allowing for a proper relationship to finally flourish
or has my romantic heart quietly stopped beating
(or just doesn't have a place for you in it)?

If this were to implode,
sucked into the void where love once lived,
would desire reignite and draw me back
or would the butterflies revive and fly away
to a place where flowers may yet bloom?

-Zero

No comments:

Post a Comment