Monday, September 17, 2018

Dreaming of more (poem)

Sometimes I feel this life will never fit,
or rather that I will never fit in it.
No matter how I change the characters,
it never gets to how I imagined.
I'm taunted by thoughts of what could be:
there's always room for improvement, right?

Dreaming of the future can go two ways:
dreaming of a life that can come to pass,
and dreaming of a fantasy world that can never be.
The dreamer has to learn the difference,
and I wonder if I can tell them apart,
choose a path forward that leads somewhere.

I think I feel this life will never fit
because I'm suffering from lingering fantasies:
ever after filled with breath-taking beauty
instead of the mediocrity of reality,
a life I would come to destroy.
I'm so sick of living in fantasy.

-Zero

No comments:

Post a Comment