Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Hearing whispers in the dark (poem)

I hear whispers in the dark
as I wander through this life,
beckoning me closer,
to return to their love.

Once upon a time, I did,
got lost in their lies,
in the stories I told myself,
and found myself deep in obsession.

And although I wander alone,
with nothing but a small flame to guide me,
and the path is dark with horrors,
I will not be led astray.

Monsters may come my way,
some may even look like me,
but I will fight them with a burning heart,
and continue on with flame in hand.

When my wandering comes to an end,
and my body is thrown into the fire,
I will burn away with joy,
knowing that I did not go astray.

-Zero

2 comments:

  1. Listen to what the small flame has to share to you. Her fuel comes within other's guidances (as you will learn what lessons they have for you). From that, it is you as a catalyzer who focus that energy to create or to destroy external and internal influences all around and within you. The Flame will fade each time that you won't manage to live in tranquility with both the good and the bad sides which emerge from yourself. Grey is the color that helps Creation, creativity and imagination. The Light may only be so bright if she can make shades and shadows. Remember that. Enjoying yourself from
    other's negativity, suffering, and self-negation, would only lead you to become what you despite so much from the people who hurted you. Do not forget who you truly are, but also what you once were, where do you belong, and what you become.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That flame is always there, inside, ok! Those monsters/demons, and their whispers,hum! they just call to be tamed; they are not necessarily ennemies who need judging. Having them as ennemies is a serious problem. Having them as reminders of our need to be humble, of our constant vulnerability or capacity to fall/fail. A needed jungian approach to tame the shadow in order to float above the ties which are the ones needing to burn instead of risking our flame to windle.

    ReplyDelete