Sunday, June 26, 2016

My Reopened Wounds (poem)

“God reopened my wounds to have my soul revamped,
revitalized, which has left me amplified, you see”
             -“Inner Shakespeare” by Eppic ft. Edith


When I, the wanderer, returned home,
I found myself beset on all sides
by sharp-fanged memories,
reminders of death, the lost, heartbreak.

From all sides they assaulted me,
leaving me nowhere to run,
sounds of crunching metal and shattering glass,
the empty silence of a graveyard.

All the scars on my body and soul reopened,
and the memories flew into them as the blood poured.
I stumbled to my bed only to find it underground,
an open coffin waiting to be buried.

Broken, bloody, and bruised, I lay in it,
searching for rest and release,
and slowly the dirt filled in above,
hiding me away in my final moments.

The darkness of the grave consumed me,
my still bleeding wounds seething with pain,
Death approaching rapidly, hopelessly,
but I desperately clung to hope.

I shut my eyes as I was buried alive,
but in my mind's eye, I saw a light.
It seemed so far away, yet close,
a fountain of light with my name on it.

I reached out for it,
and opened my eyes to see light
it poured out of my wounds as fire,
burning passionately, holding the earth up.

They were mine, my soul's flames,
and I had forgotten about them.
I lifted my left arm up, my blood turned to fire
and the dirt above was cleared away.

As I got back to my feet,
the Flames sealed the wounds they emerged from,
but continued to burn across my body,
revitalizing me and amplifying me.

They spread all across my home,
engulfed the sharp-fanged memories and the graves,
transforming them in a flash of light
into lessons learned and strong saplings.

-Zero

No comments:

Post a Comment