Friday, August 29, 2014

Remind me, What is Reality? (Poem)

Remind me,
What is reality?
I seem to have forgotten,
So please enlighten me.

Whispers begotten in nihilism,
Shape it into pessimism,
Where the blade is the hand,
And beauty falls to sand.
All due to humanity,
For this dark reality.

But is this true?
Are we a fall headed canoe,
To be crushed by that which carries us;
Our lives, hopeless to discuss?
Are we but lone coyotes,
Searching for our pack?
Only our comrades flee.
Failure is fact.

Shattering this apart,
I find some hearts,
Singing of optimism,
Killing cynicism.
All for humanity
Exists this reality.

Might this be honest?
Are we creatures on the way to their best.
To flourish and heal the world;
Evil revealed and its plans unfurled?
Are we simple saplings,
Experiencing the storm before the calm?
To suffer in the beginning,
Life: The process of diminishing qualms.

Convince me:
Which is reality?
Is humanity a curse?
Or is it beauty?

-Zero

No comments:

Post a Comment