Saturday, June 21, 2014

The Frustrating and Mysterious Spark (Poem)

I'm too drawn
Into this mystery
To leave it.
It stops my heart,
And shocks it back.
All I can ask is “why?”

This beating question
That pulls us together,
And keeps us apart:
It grows and grows,
Devours possibility,
Utilizes magic.

How else could I
Describe this burning chest,
Set aflame three years past?
How could sparks exist
When the fire hasn't been fed,
Except by gods or magic?

A single kiss,
A test to see,
Fed the flames,
When I should have left,
When stupidity reigned supreme,
When our lips reunited.

And I hate it!
If it's love,
I despise love itself!
Why should it be so impossible?
Why must it be so unforgettable?
Why can't it die?

Let's take it to be love!
The demon!
The saint!
We are bound together
By chains
For eternity!

Oh how I despite this...
Trapped to you,
The dangerous mystery,
My vow to life,
And to the Grave,
Spoken without will.

-Zero

No comments:

Post a Comment