Thursday, June 6, 2013

Waiting for a Bus (poem)

      The shelter protects me from the storm
That churns and drenches the world.
      This shelter keeps me warm,
But one day, my life will be unfurled.
      The bus will come,
That which I have waited for.
      I feel the destination, but am numb
To all but an unfamiliar door.

      It is then I must face the thunder,
And strike down the lightning.
      No longer will I be able to go under,
And pretend that I am nothing.
      My existence will be challenged.
My meaning will be attacked.
      I will become unhinged,
For all that I lacked.
      Darkness will bury me,
And the rain will seal the tomb.
      Defeat is all that will be,
And I will yearn for the womb.

      To Hades, Zeus will send my soul,
Through the depths I will wander.
      I may emerge, once I am whole,
Strong and yet tender.
      The bus will one day reach the end
And I, a changed person, will depart.
      I will walk to my next place around the bend,
Where the cycle will one day restart.

-Zero

No comments:

Post a Comment