Wednesday, August 8, 2012

For Miss Swan

You fear the darkness,
But your fear creates it,
For no child simply does
And quickly learns to ask why.

Now you will understand what you have done,
For it is my duty to show you.
Understanding can be taught,
Even to those who have forsaken it.

First, I shall introduce you to 'reality',
Where people are often different from popular views.
Should there be evil in my heart,
It would be an anger born of another's fear.

Such anger is dangerous and best kept chained;
However, no chains can hold it forever.
For a reason I don't quite understand,
It is the innocence of others that calms it.

Innocents are quite like frogs,
For one may catch one in hopes of protecting it,
But should their grip be too loose, they will flee,
But should their grip be too tight, they will die.

Perhaps my evil is too great to hope for such things;
However, I dare say one can die without a lack of breath.
It is a twisted death, but very subtle.
It is the death of one's free mind.

It is this end that I fear most for your frogs,
For should their mind die, they will surely follow.
But should you loosen your grip a little,
Then perhaps they may be spared.

Now I take my leave,
For I am needed elsewhere.
Do not forget what I have said,
Nor should you forget this:

You fear the darkness,
But your fear creates it,
For no child simply does,
And always learns to ask why.

-Zero

No comments:

Post a Comment